Ward Eight - Richmond
Phone: (204) 720 - 1424
Councillor Ron Brown
I was born in Brandon on January 5, 1950 to James and Audrey Brown. I am from a large family of 9 kids. I have grown up in the South End area and attended George Fitton, McLaren and Harrison High School.
I have worked since the age of 8 years such as delivering Star weekly, Brandon Sun, dug gardens, shoveled snow, shoveled coal and several years at Green Acres Drive Inn Theatre. I have been with Behlen 43 years. I did leave Behlen for 1 year and opened Papa Ron’s New & Used Furniture in the downtown area. I also left Behlen for 1 year to work for Safeway and Cross Country Publications. Both times I was asked to return to Behlen.
I am now honored to be a city councillor and look forward to representing our City and Richmond Ward 8.
I am presently married to my wife of 40 plus years. Together we have 3 grown children. These three kids have given us 10 grandchildren.
I have been involved in:
- Big Brothers in early 1970
- Coached soccer 2 years boys
- Coached girls soft ball 8 years
- President Wheat City Lion’s Club
- My wife and I have given financially for over 40 years to World Vision
Councillor Brown is involved in the following committees, boards, and community organizations:
- Building Standards Committee
- Taxi Appeal Committee
- Brandon General Museum & Archives Board
- Age Friendly Committee
- Manitoba Regional Library Board