Ward Six - South Centre
Phone: (204) 728 - 5313
Address: 1104 6th Street, Brandon R7A 3R2
Councillor Lonnie Patterson
I love Brandon’s rich cultural diversity and artistic creativity. I ran for office because I want to work with my neighbours to build a safe community with a strong future. I moved here from Wawanesa in 1998 for school and have considered Brandon home ever since. I am a proud alumnus of Brandon University, completing both my Honours Degree in Sociology and Masters of Rural Development there.
During the election, I said I would focus on four priorities and I look forward to working with citizens, my council colleagues, and city administration to deliver results. Those priorities are:
- Sidewalk and back lane infrastructure.
- Traffic flow of neighbourhood streets, especially around daycares.
- Improving delivery of basic services.
- Building affordable housing through continued partnerships with other governments, community organizations, and Brandon’s many developers
As Councillor, I will make independent and informed decisions that are built on input from citizens, research, and advice from experts. I will work to make sure that we continue to strengthen Brandon’s economy taxes are spent wisely on infrastructure improvements and delivering quality services so Brandon can be an affordable place to live.
Councillor Patterson is involved in the following committees, boards, and community organizations:
- Keystone Agricultural & Recreational Centre
- Grants Review Committee
- Poverty Committee
- Taxi Appeal Committee