I want to...
- View building by-laws
- Apply for a building permit
- View the zoning by-law
- Learn about how to build a deck
- Apply to subdivide my property
- Apply for a plumbing permit
- Guidelines for building a fence
- Apply for a conditional use or variance
- View the BAPD Development Plan
- Contact the Planning & Building Safety Department
Walking and Bike Trails
The City of Brandon Parks Department has installed trail markers along the trail system within the city. These markers are 1 km apart and have been introduced on a route that circulates the city.
The markers are a great way for active people to track the distance that they have travelled as part of their exercise routine. The trail markers can be used by all ages from the novice walker to the long distance runner. If you wish to travel the whole trail around the city, it has a total length of 20kms. These markers encourage everyone to get active and allow you to travel the distances that best suit your fitness level. Feel free to walk, bike or run the distance that you desire.
The trail markers are also helpful in case of an emergency. If a person should become injured or ill along the trail system the marker identification can be given to 911 and fire/ emergency and police services will know where they are located.
Refer to the City Loop Trail Map and start being active today!
Trail Markers Reference Points
- 8th Street North and McGregor Avenue
- 8th Street and Pacific Avenue
- Russell Street and Rosser Avenue East
- 12th Street East and Rosser Avenue East
- 17th Street East and Victoria Avenue East
- 17th Street East and Douglas Street
- Park Avenue East and Richmond Avenue East
- Park Street and Richmond Avenue East
- 1st Street and Maryland Avenue
- 9th Street and Maryland Avenue
- 18th Street and Maryland Avenue
- 26th Street and Durum Drive
- Parkdale Drive and Richmond Avenue
- 34th Street and Elviss Crescent
- 34th Street and Victoria Avenue
- 34th Street and Pacific Avenue
- 26th Street and McDonald Avenue
- 19th Street North and Hilton Avenue (temporary)
- 1100 Block of McGregor Avenue
- River Bank Discovery Centre