Other Helpful Information Sheets
What does the sanitation department look after?
- Collection and Disposal of Refuse
- Placing containers at new residents
- Repairing damaged containers
- Bulky Item Collection
- Provide education on current and new programs
- Development of new programming in support of departmental goals and objectives
- Delivering Sanitation notices & schedules to residents
- Providing Landfill for residents
- Supplying and maintaining Recyclable Depots in Brandon
- Maintenance of Walkway Containers
Prior to entering Landfill, be aware of instructions at the gate. Wait for appropriate Traffic Light Signal, drive onto scale and give scale operator your name and address and what you are depositing off. If it is recyclable he will instruct you where to place the items, if it is refuse you can take it to the main tipping area. You also have the option to place it in a Roll Off Container that has been placed for your convenience by the scale. This is used for residents to use for wet weather and for the public using small automobiles. If you have to take refuse to the main tipping area, follow signs to area and remove your refuse in proper area as indicated by Packer operator. If nobody is there put refuse in area where the rest of the refuse is. Please watch for heavy equipment working.
When you leave, please pull onto the scale, stop and wait for the signal from scale operator to leave.
More information on landfill hours, location, and fees can be found here.